Finance Internship for Sustainable Portfolio Research
Internship Application Deadline: September 29th, 2017 by 5pm
Required Hours: 120
Position for credit or potential 500$ honorarium
To Apply: Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Are you knowledgeable about non-profit finance? Passionate about sustainability? Want to learn about divestment and its concrete implementations? We want to meet you!
Sustainable Concordia envisions a university which teaches and demonstrates sustainability principles of ecological health, social justice, and economic equality. We assess and address challenges of economy models based on unlimited growth and unsustainable exploitation of natural resources as well as the political system that excludes key stakeholders from participating in decision-making.
Goal of the internship: The overall goal of this internship is to research and document concrete options and steps required to create an investment portfolio for community organizations. During the Summer 2017 internship period, an informational pamphlet with accessible explanations of basic finance, and sustainable investing was drafted. Going forward, interns will be mandated to continue developing non-technical documentation, presentations, workshops, pamphlets, and organizational investment strategies.
- Research information on current sustainable finance products (ESGs, Impact finance, etc), market trends, and access of information.
- Develop tools and awareness materials (presentations, workshops, pamphlets) aimed at demystifying sustainable finance to a non technical audience.
- Help develop and implement recommendations and an action plan towards the creation of a sustainable investment fund.
- Intermediate understanding of non-profit financial needs.
- Basic knowledge of sustainable finance and desire to continue learning
- Show understanding of the issues related to fossil fuel industries.
- Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Develop three to five personal learning objectives.
- Participate in a mid and end of internship evaluation related to personal learning objectives and deliverables.
- One or more documents demystifying (sustainable) finance to diverse audiences, using intuitive visuals and language.
- Two to three presentations for general audiences explaining and outlining the research process and findings.
- An action plan towards the creation of a sustainable investment portfolio.
Personal Learning Objectives:
These tasks will be completed in addition to personal learning objectives, decided upon by the intern.
Internship Schedule: Schedule will be decided upon by the intern and their supervisor.
Sustainable Concordia acknowledges that our society does not value and respect all people equally. We value and are seeking applicants with different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences to join our organization.