Network Organizer internship for Sustainable Finance project
Internship Application Deadline: September 29th, 2017 by 5pm
Required Hours: 120
Position for credit or potential 500$ honorarium
To Apply: Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Are you knowledgeable about non-profit finance? Passionate about sustainability? Want to learn about divestment and its concrete implementations? We want to meet you!
Sustainable Concordia envisions a university which teaches and demonstrates sustainability principles of ecological health, social justice, and economic equality. We assess and address challenges of economy models based on unlimited growth and unsustainable exploitation of natural resources as well as the political system that excludes key stakeholders from participating in decision-making.
Goal of the internship: The overall goal of this internship is to identify, outreach and invite partner community organizations to join Sustainable Concordia on the creation of a sustainable investment portfolio. Using the documentation developed in the first stage of the project (Summer 2017), the intern will help facilitate meetings and consultations with stakeholders, identify their needs and interests and onboard them into the project.
- Review previous research related to Divest Concordia, and sustainable finance (ESG, Impact Investing).
- Develop tools and awareness materials aimed at demystifying (sustainable) finance for a non technical audience.
- Reach out to other relevant on and off campus stakeholders and facilitate concertation meetings and project.
- Help develop and implement an action plan towards a more sustainable university investment portfolio.
- Basic understanding of organizational finances.
- Knowledge of organizations and community groups at Concordia.
- Show understanding of the issues related to fossil fuel industries.
- Self-starter and able to work in teams.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, both oral and written.
- Develop three to five personal learning objectives.
- Participate in a mid and end of internship evaluation related to personal learning objectives and deliverables.
- Create a consulting relationship with multiple community organizations.
- Give input on documentation demystifying sustainable finance to diverse audiences, using intuitive visuals and language.
- Two to three presentations for general audiences explaining and outlining the research process and findings.
- Generate a document that tracks partnership involvement and outreach.
Personal Learning Objectives:
These tasks will be completed in addition to personal learning objectives, decided upon by the intern.
Internship Schedule: Schedule will be decided upon by the intern and their supervisor.
Sustainable Concordia acknowledges that our society does not value and respect all people equally. We value and are seeking applicants with different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences to join our organization.