Are you passionate about sustainability? Knowledgeable on investing? Want to learn about sustainable investment? We want to meet you!
About Sustainable Concordia (SC)
We are an organization that builds and measures culture and practices of sustainability at Concordia University in solidarity with the global community. We believe that fundamental changes need to be implemented. We assess and address challenges of the existing economy based on unlimited growth and exploitation of natural resources and the political system that excludes key stakeholders from participating in decision-making.
By acting locally and networking globally, we achieve sustainability by exploring, creating, and institutionalizing models that function within the earth’s carrying capacity. We aim to enact and expand political mission for the university, and redirect decision-making through a multi-stakeholder approach based on transparency and maximum participation.
We believe that universities have a crucial role to play in developing an ecologically aware, socially just and economically responsible society. Through their research and scholarship, universities influence and determine social norms. Universities are responsible for setting curriculum standards and training from Kindergarten to the pre-collegiate level; they educate and develop tomorrow’s leading politicians, lawyers, business people, doctors, clergy, and scientists. We believe that universities have a moral responsibility to educate their graduates with the knowledge, skills and values to effectively develop a thriving, secure, and civil society; and to do that, a commitment to sustainability must be demonstrated as well as taught. Sustainable Concordia began in 2002 as a student-driven initiative to drive Concordia down this path. Through university-wide participation the project has achieved great success, and is now officially, a multi-stakeholder partnership.
Goal of the internship:
The overall goal of this internship is to focus on the financial evaluation of potential investments in order to develop a robust evaluation system. The internship will be focused on developing investment strategies while producing documentation and presentations.
- Research metrics related to various sectors and industries
- Develop materials (spreadsheets, presentations) that will create an efficient evaluation system that can be shared and used internally.
- Help develop and implement recommendations and an action plan towards the creation of a sustainable portfolio.
- Collaborate with other interns.
- Intermediate knowledge of investment evaluation and a desire to continue learning.
- Show understanding of sustainability issues.
- Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Intermediate knowledge about building an investment portfolio and using databases for analyzing investments.
- Experience on evaluating investments.
- Analytical skills.
- Develop a financial screen
- Build models for potential stocks
- Staying up-to-date on current information
Internship Schedule: Schedule will be decided upon by the intern and their supervisor.
To Apply: Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com